As this was such a large project I couldn’t fit all the bits in my portfolio page, so here is a list of technologies and collaborations along with a selection of pretty screenshots.
The majority of work was performed off-site, and if you would like to see it in action you can go and create your very own team kit on the first floor of Niketown, Oxford Street, London.
UPDATE: This project has at last been modified into a web-friendly version and put online, so you can now see many of the original features and create your custom kit on Nike’s site at http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/en_US/kitbuilder
- AS3, Flash CS3 and a lot of complex OOP
- A custom MVC framework developed specifically for the project
- XML and E4X
- Papervision 3D (GreatWhite)
- MySQL, AdoDB & ActiveRecord
- Dynamic mail generation
- Database administration and setup on OSX
- Working closely with one other developer throughout the project lifecycle
- Remote working using SVN and remote administration through VNC
- Working with a large team of artists and designers, including 3D designers